This module is suitable for second-level and third-level students commencing study in fields related to the architectural, engineering, and construction sectors, who wish to certify their 2D CAD skills to an independent international standard. It is also suited to those who may already work in these sectors in a non-technical capacity and who wish to acquire or certify 2D CAD skills.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Use a two-dimensional design application to create and save drawings, import and export drawings
- Use layers and levels
- Create objects and elements; use selection tools; manipulate objects and elements
- Use inquiry commands, for example, to measure distances, angles, areas
- Set and modify properties; create and modify text and dimensions
- Use blocks and cells; create, edit, and use objects from a cell library; embed or link to objects using OLE
- Prepare outputs for printing or plotting
What are the benefits of this module?
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to core 2D CAD skills
- Can be applied to a range of 2D CAD software from professional packages to freeware
- Certifies best practice in 2D CAD software use
- Provides a strong level of knowledge that enhances non-technical staff awareness of the fundamentals of 2D CAD, developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content
- 2D CAD Syllabus [PDF]
- Candidates are provided with a test paper that contains a set of questions. Candidates work through these questions on the computer.
- The duration of the test is 60 minutes. No books or other help may be used during the test.
- The test is marked externally by ECDL Malta.
- The pass mark is set to be 75%.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 28-Oct-17