This module sets out essential knowledge relating to data protection concepts and principles, data subject rights, the implementation of data protection policies and measures, and regulatory compliance.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand concepts relating to personal data and its protection.
- Understand the rationale, objectives, and scope of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Outline the key principles of GDPR relating to the lawful processing of personal data.
- Understand the rights of data subjects and how they are upheld.
- Understand that company policies and methods should comply with data protection regulations, and outline key technical and organisational measures to achieve this.
- Understand how to respond to data breaches and the consequences of not complying with data protection regulations.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Creates awareness of the principles of data protection.
- Develops a practical understanding of how to protect personal data.
- Supports your organisation’s need to be compliant with the GDPR.
- Sets out your rights as a data subject.
- Relevant for organisations inside and outside Europe.
- Developed with input from subject matter experts and practising professionals
- Data Protection Syllabus [PDF]
Last updated: 15-May-19