This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the fundamentals of digital marketing, including creating a web presence, optimising content for search engines, using social media platforms, carrying out online marketing and advertising across a range of services, as well as monitoring and improving campaigns using analytics.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of digital marketing, including advantages, limitations and planning.
- Understand various web presence options and how to select appropriate keywords for search engine optimisation.
- Recognise different social media platforms, and set up and use common platforms.
- Understand how effective social media management assists in promotion and lead generation.
- Use a social media management service to schedule posts and set up notifications.
- Understand various options for online marketing and advertising, including search engine, e-mail and mobile marketing.
- Understand and use analytics services to monitor and improve campaigns.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills and main concepts relating to digital marketing.
- Certifies best practice in digital marketing.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising digital marketing professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
Courseware & Training
Candidates undertaking the Digital Marketing test will be provided with official courseware developed by the ECDL Foundation.
Candidates are encouraged to contact an ECDL accredited Test Centre to follow training in this module. Candidates are not however, required to follow training in order to sit for Digital Marketing test. If they are competent in the syllabus content, they can contact the Test Centre, purchase an ECDL Candidate Registration Number and sit for this test.
Candidates interested in getting certified in this module ONLY are able to purchase the ECDL Registration Number at a discounted rate...more information.
All ECDL tests (except for 2D CAD) are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 28-Oct-17