The European Computer Driving Licence Advanced is a higher-level programme that builds on the skills covered in the ECDL qualification.
ECDL Advanced is the logical progression for candidates who have achieved the ECDL Standard certificate (formerly known as ECDL Core certificate) and who wish to further enhance their ICT skills and to demonstrate their competence in using a computer at a higher level.
The ECDL Advanced programme consists of four modules:
The ECDL Advanced modules give candidates the opportunity to become expert in the use of these applications, acquiring skills sets over and above the routine features of the software.
Benefits of ECDL Advanced
ECDL Advanced candidates can demonstrate that they are:
- Organised and efficient
- More productive
- Capable of confidently exploiting the full potential of the applications
- Expert at producing attractive, professional-quality outputs
How does the ECDL Advanced programme work?
Each Advanced module has been designed as a stand-alone certification in each respective area and candidates who successfully complete a module will be certified as advanced users in that application.
Candidates registering to sit for ECDL Advanced test/s are assigned an ECDL Candidate Registration Number.
Candidates in possession of an ECDL Candidate Registration Number will make use of the same number for Advanced tests. Holders of ECDL Start, Core, Image Editing, Web Editing or 2D CAD certificate will be assigned the ECDL Candidate Registration Number at no cost.
New ECDL candidates will need to purchase the ECDL Candidate Registration Number (that includes one printed certificate).
New ECDL candidates interested in getting certified in ONE Advanced module rather than multiple Advanced modules can purchase the one-module ECDL Registration Number.
ECDL Candidate Registration Numbers are purchased from an ECDL accredited Test Centre. Only an accredited Test Centre can issue ECDL Candidate Registration Numbers and carry out ECDL testing. Test Centres are approved and monitored by ECDL Malta.
Syllabi & Sample Tests
Click the relevant modules (above) to access the syllabi and sample of tests.
- ECDL Advanced tests are undertaken on automated testing software at an ECDL accredited Test Centre. Candidates undertake a test on a computer, which then automatically assesses the candidates' performance, and provides immediate pass/fail feedback to both the centre and the candidates. The use of automated testing simplifies the testing and administration procedures in a test centre, and makes it very efficient.
- When candidates purchase certification tests from a Test Centre they will be provided with official ECDL Foundation courseware for the relevant module test/s purchased. There shall be no charge for this courseware. An appropriate fee may however be charged by the Test Centre to recover the costs associated with the provision of printed or electronic versions of the courseware.
- The duration of each test is 60 minutes. No books or other help may be used during the tests.
- The pass mark for each module is set to be 75%.
- Candidates failing ECDL Advanced tests are allowed to retake different test versions of the same module at ANY Test Centre. Candidates are encouraged to to liaise with the ECDL Test Centre to sit for mock/diagnostic tests before taking the certification tests.
- Candidates who are not satisfied with the assessment process of their ECDL Advanced test are encouraged to discuss their concerns with the Test Centre. If they are not satisfied with the outcome of these discussions, they are encouraged to send an email/letter to ECDL Malta explaining their concerns.
Candidates can request a certificate for one or more successfully completed Advanced test. Each certificate will be issued at a cost. However, candidates who successfully complete all four (4) Advanced tests will be awarded the ECDL Expert Certificate at no cost.
4 ADVANCED Modules = ECDL EXPERT CERTIFICATE
The Expert Certificate is referenced to Level Four of the Malta Qualifications Framework... more information.
Certificates will NOT be issued immediately by the Test Centre. ECDL Malta will issue the certificate and pass this on to the Test Centre where the test was held. Candidates will collect the certificate from the Test Centre where they had sat for the test.
Last updated: 13-May-18