This module allows candidates to understand the concept of spreadsheets and to demonstrate an ability to use a spreadsheet to produce accurate work outputs.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, within the application to enhance productivity.
- Enter data into cells; use good practice in creating lists.
- Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet.
- Copy, move, delete, and appropriately rename worksheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions; use good practice in formula creation; recognise error values in formulas.
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet.
- Choose, create, and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings.
- Check and correct spreadsheet content before finally printing spreadsheets.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
All ECDL tests (except for 2D CAD) are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 01-Oct-18